People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thinking of You

I have another card to share today with a mini tutorial.  I wanted something bright and primary, so I chose to use Cosmo Cricket Odds And Ends paper collection.  I picked out a few patterns that I liked and that followed with the 3 basic colors I wanted to use.



I started by making a rough layout of my card.  I used a Papertrey Ink die to cut out the scalloped edge and the green frame was cut from the Cosmo Cricket paper.



Next, I rummaged through my embellies to find a few things that I would like to add.  I originally had planned on using wrinkle ribbon, but I couldn't find a color that worked well with the color scheme I wanted, so I decided to make my own.





I used an 18" long piece of crochet trim from Melissa Frances and using embroidery floss, I threaded it through one edge of the trim.



Once threaded, I held both ends of the embroidery floss while scrunching up the trim towards the center.



Once I had the shape I wanted, I tied the embroidery floss in a tight knot and cut the long ends.



I used a pretty red mulberry flower as the center of my crochet rosette and found some vintage green lace that I thought would look nice.  I opted to leave out the blue ticking stripe pattern paper from my final design because I wanted to showcase the floral patterned paper a bit more.  For the sentiment, I used Printer's Type letters from Hero Arts and cut out each word, then attached them with foam tape.



1 comment:

  1. super cute - it would really cute in Sophia or Believe papers, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...