People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them.



Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Been Awhile




I finally got a card made.  Thank goodness for small miracles.  After several months of using my office as a catch-all room, I finally spent the last week getting all the clutter put away and my workdesk cleared off so that I could get caught up on projects.

My wonderful Grandmother had major surgery last week and is finally home now to begin healing, so it was a priority for me to get a card made for her.  I put a lot of work into it because I wanted it to be extra special and something she could keep as a memento.

I used a lot of fabric on this tag and card, which was all leftover from a quilt I made many years back.  I really love all the lavenders and purples in it.


The card itself is nestled inside a glassine bag.


I used a card I made earlier this year as my template to copy from.  You can click here to see it.  I just used different paper and changed to card size.


I added a little stamped image and sentiment inside of the card to match.  Isn't the tea-bag image too cute?

Supplies:

Paper:  Papertrey Ink White cardstock, Cosmo Cricket "Mitten Weather"
Inks:  Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), Versamark and Zing embossing powder
Stamps:  Tea For Two, Tea For Two Additions and Fillable Frames #5 all from Papertrey Ink
Dies:  Tea For Two, Teacup and Fillable Frames #5 all from Papertrey Ink
Embellishments:  Spring Iris wrinkle ribbon from my Etsy shop, Melissa Frances white crochet trim, brads were made using fabric and the imaginisce brad maker, green carnival tickets
Odds & Ends:  Large white tag cut with Cricut, purple parcel tag, large glassine bag, fabric scraps

Thanks for stopping in!



1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure Grandma will feel better after she gets your lovin' and card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...