People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them.



Monday, November 15, 2010

Pretty Pretty Princess

H2H Challenge

I am so excited about this week's challenge at H2H.  It's all about pink, bling, glitter and all that girlie stuff. Stop by the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog to see all the cutesy artwork.  My project is inspired by a card I had seen on a blog many weeks ago and I feel awful that I can't remember what the name of it was.  If this looks familiar at all you might let me know. 

I tried a couple of new things for this card.  I made my own "homemade" glimmer mist which I used on the clouds and balloon, and I dyed my ribbon to make a color match.  So how did I do it?  Easy, Internet and YouTube! I did a search for making glimmer mist and found hundreds of variations.  I chose one that used what supplies I had, which was water and acrylic paint, Create-A-Shade pearl paint in my case.  I mixed the water and the paint in a spray bottle and presto, gorgeous glimmer mist.  For the ribbon, I used my waterbrush, CTMH Lilac Mist marker and CTMH spritz cleaner.  I just colored the ribbon with the marker, used the water brush to get it slightly damp, then spritzed it with the cleaner a few times.  I used my hands to bunch it up over and over to work the color in evenly.  WARNING:  You will dye your hands too. 










Supplies: All CTMH unless noted

Paper:  White Daisy Cardstock and Patterned Paper from Daydream

Stamps:  Over The Rainbow (D1426)

Inks:  Black, Lilac Mist, Blush and CTMH markers in Black and Lilac Mist.  "Homemade" glitter mist was made using water and CTMH Create A Shade Pearl Paint (Z1039)

Embellishments:  Black Hemp (Z282), Pink button from stash, Lilac Mist ribbon was dyed using the Lilac Mist marker, waterbrush (1771) and My Acrylix Spritz Cleaner (1778).

Other:  3D Foam Tape (Z1151) and Cuttlebug with embossing folders.

~Shari

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty I love all the detail and those clouds look great! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love that glimmer mist! I'm gonna have to try that! What a wonderful effect on those clouds...WOW! Super awesome creativity, Shari...thanks for sharing the tips with us! So glad to have you playing along with Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tips and I have no worries about getting ink on my hands.....it has become a signature look for me now lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card. Really like the texture on the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are on a flippin' roll! One great card after another! Thanks for sharing - we all enjoy your work.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the dimension/texture of it. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...